My name is Tracy and my passion in life is making handmade beaded gemstone jewellery. I love jewellery, I love wearing it - and I love making and then wearing my own jewellery. Jewellery making is what I do in my free time. Like a lot of people, I started out making it for myself, and people would comment on it, then I sold a few pieces, then I started having "bead shows" at my work, and now I have a shop on Etsy and a vision to make this my fulltime job rather than just a hobby. Actually beading full time wouldn't be like working because I enjoy it so much!
Jewellery combines creativity with a certain amount of technical skill. There is a science to piecing an item together - turning all separate elements into a finished article.
I love working with natural materials, predominantly. There is just something about the way they feel in your hands and then later around your neck or wrist. When I see gemstones I just want to touch them. I was lucky enough to grow up virtually living on a beach in England and have collected shells and stones for as long as I can remember. I would spend hours scouring the shoreline for interesting finds. There is nothing more beautiful than that which nature produces.

No comments:
Post a Comment