I love the versatility of turquoise, it looks fantastic with both casual and smart clothes. It mixes especially well with black, grey, peach, red or white.
From a design perspective I usually mix turquoise with silver, but today I started working on a piece using brass beads and findings instead. Turquoise and silver is a classic mix, but in my mind turquoise with brass actually looks just as good. I am so pleased with the results! I am working on a necklace that utilises a large oval, faceted, dark red/orange agate focal bead at the centre, with a couple of carnelian beads thrown in too, to pick up the colour of the agate and accent against the bright blue turquoise. What a great colour combo - turquoise, dark reddish orange and brass! I can't wait to finish it tomorrow and get the photos uploaded.
I also finished a couple of turquoise bracelets, both with silver beads and findings. Each has a filigree silver heart charm and an extra turquoise bead drop near the clasp for a little extra bling and interest. In one of the bracelets I used a blue and silver Indian Kashmiri clay bead at the centre,which works really well.





No comments:
Post a Comment